On offer is the opportunity to join a market leading UK Manufacturing business, where you will play a key role in driving the business forward through quality assurance.
This role would suit a Quality Engineer from a manufacturing background. Or a self-motivated Individual that has Engineering understanding.
Are you a Quality Engineer from a manufacturing background, looking for the opportunity to take responsibility in driving quality of the business?
Flowflex have a vacancy for a QC/QA role within our manufacturing sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the quality of the day-to-day production from the factory and purchased products. With suitable qualifications and experience the role is expected to progress more towards a QA role.
The company is the UK leader in the manufacturing of Brass Compression Fittings, privately owned with internal opportunities of individual progression
The role will be 07:00-15:00 Monday to Friday
Rate £23k to 28k based on experience and skills
Main Role Functions:
- 1st off samples for production
- Regular patrols, checking ongoing production
- Checking finished goods for release to the warehouse
- Checking purchased products
- Control of quarantined goods, processing and release
- Addressing quality issues and none conformances through to conclusion
- Data collection and statistical analysis
- Application of relevant BS/EN/ISO standards
- Quality training for employees
- Reliability & Flexibility
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use measurement equipment i.e. micrometre, Vernier, CMM, Shadowgraph etc.
- Basic understanding of engineering manufacturing processes
- Analytical skills
- Familiar with basic gauging principals i.e. Plug, Screw and Ring type
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to present/document findings/data/analysis
- Good communication skills when working with people
Progressive Role (Long Term):
- Managing calibration of measurement equipment
- Management of QC role
- Management of company standards
- Cost saving exercises
- Quality process and control improvements
- Customer quality defects
- Liaising with customers on quality issues
- Process and supplier auditing
- Standards and accreditations management
- Driving quality standards forwards
Please submit your completed CV with a covering letter to Simon Payne email@example.com